Socitm, the membership association for all ICT professionals working in local authorities and public sectors, held an Awards Dinner in Birmingham as part of its annual conference, where “excellence, innovation, improvement and service to the sectors Socitm represents were celebrated in great form.”
- Socitm Graham Williamson Challenge Award – Gemma Gibb, Strathclyde Fire Service.
- Digital Engagement Award – Mark Adams-Wright, Suffolk CC.
- Socitm Web Award – Amanda Wilde, East Riding of Yorks and Tim Gough, Manchester City.
- ICT Service Award – Steve Jones, Conwy Council.
- Socitm Innovation Award – Geoff Connell, LB Newham, Mark Edridge, Surrey CC and Steve Palmer, LB Hillingdon.
- Socitm Member Award – Bernard Gudgin and Tonino Cuiffini.
Events like the recent Paralympics are a great reminder of the importance of accessibility and ensuring equal and open access for all. ... read more
As part of our series on the Cloud, Adam Evans, Partnership Director from Agilisys recently caught up with Sean Green, Head of ICT at Tower Hamlets and Independent director of London Grid for Learning to talk about the potential of the London SuperCloud, and how it can help to deliver public services more effectively in the capital.