Socitm is set to publish a new report on 9th December this year dubbed Better with less: delivering local public services in the digital age. The report aims to give an overview of digital services for 2020 based on four examples of best practice from this year.
Steve Halliday, president of Socitm and CIO at Solihull MBC, said: “I am delighted with the breadth and depth of this report. Digital means something different to almost everyone, but there is a core consensus which the report draws out by focussing on what people have recently delivered with digital in the local public sector.”
He went on to say: “The innovation and ingenuity that is highlighted in this review of the digital landscape is impressive. Often with very small budgets and certainly with decreasing resources, digital leaders from across the country have shown what can be done.”
The report will include the following:
- A vision of the landscape of digital services in 2020
- A statement of progress from different perspectives based on major research from this year
- A run-down of four challenging areas of public service delivery where digital is making progress
- 27 case studies of good practice that demonstrate Socitm’s digital principles
- A checklist of questions to help monitor digital progress.
Parents say schools should invest in technology as they want to receive instant notifications of important information
Events like the recent Paralympics are a great reminder of the importance of accessibility and ensuring equal and open access for all. ... read more
Public sector needs to take action to help everyone enjoy the benefits that digital can offer