The UK Government has recognised and shown commitment to adopting cloud computing, but what benefit is the public sector actually set to gain by moving to the cloud?
On Monday 23 January, techUK will be hosting a cloud clinic, aimed at local government and policing organisations, to help organisations understand how cloud can be an enabler on their digital transformation journey.
Speakers include Dylan Roberts, Chief Digital Officer at Leeds City Council, Gavin Mee, Area Vice President for Enterprise at Salesforce and Andrew Gough, Client Services Development Director at Agilisys, who will be on a panel at the event to discuss Digital transformation and your journey to cloud. Working with the public sector for over 15 years, Andrew will draw on Agilisys’ experience and share best practice from the organisations who see cloud as key to delivering their ambition for end-to-end digital transformation.
The panel will be chaired by Georgina Maratheftis, Programme Manager Local Government at techUK.
Book your place
There are limited spaces left for public sector attendees. To register your attendance and to find out more click here.
The full agenda for the event is as follows:
09.00 – Registration
‘Promoting Adoption of Cloud in Local Government and Policing’
Chair: Sue Daley, Head of Cloud, Data, Analytics & AI, techUK
- Chris Hayman, Head of UK & Ireland Public Sector, Amazon Web Services
- Charlene-Elise Anderson, Police Business Development Consultant, SCC
- Ian Bell, IT Director, Cambs, Beds & Herts Police Forces
- Paul Brewer, Director for Digital & Resources, Adur & Worthing Councils
‘Making the Business Case for the Cloud’
Chair: Chris Francis, Director Government Relations, SAP (UK) Limited
- Alex Taylor, Cloud Lead UK Public Sector, Microsoft
- Bill Mew, Cloud Strategist, UK Cloud
- Robert Leach, Deputy CEO, Police ICT Director
- David Wilde, CIO, Essex Council
‘Digital transformation and your journey to cloud’ – Chaired by Georgina Maratheftis, Programme Manager Local Government, techUK
- Dylan Roberts, Chief Digital Officer, Leeds City Council
- Gavin Mee, Area Vice President for Enterprise, Salesforce
- Andrew Gough, Client Services Development Director, Agilisys Community Cloud
‘Trust and Security In Cloud’ – Chaired by Talal Rajab, Head of Programme Cyber & National Security, techUK
- Andy Burston, Security Specialist, Huntsman Security
- Luke Reeves, Account Director, Splunk
13.00 – Lunch, networking and one-to-one sessions
Local authorities and public sector organisations encouraged to do their homework before switching to the cloud
‘Federation of networks’ could best serve public services in the future, but only with right leadership approach, says Socitm
Government recognises digital skills increasingly the foundation of a competitive economy, but businesses need to invest in digital training to increase productivity and stimulate innovation
Increasing need to move from legacy solutions paves the way for consumption-based models