Intel Security has published its second annual cloud security report, Building Trust in a Cloudy Sky, which outlines the current state of cloud adoption, the primary concerns with private and public cloud services, security implications, and the evolving impact of Shadow IT of the more than 2,000 IT professionals surveyed.
Key findings from the report include:
- Trust now outnumbers distrust for public clouds by more than two-to-one
- 49% of professionals slowed cloud adoption due to a lack of cybersecurity skills
- 65% think Shadow IT is interfering with keeping the cloud safe and secure
- 52% indicate a malware infection can be tracked to a cloud application
- 62% store sensitive customer information in the public cloud
Following on from the publication of the whitepaper, here’s an infographic covering off all of the key points:
Sopra Steria has revealed that UK citizens are keener than ever to use digital public services - as long as they're secure.
Dialogue begins about what our cities will look like in 2040, and stresses need for infrastructure design to get smarter
Researchers find 16% think robots could be in place within the next one to two years
Councils are being urged to become more creative in their use of technology and more collaborative with both their citizens and other organisations