As part of its ongoing research into public sector communications, digital communications provider GovDelivery surveyed nearly 100 individuals distributed among the various levels of UK government on 2013 trends.
Respondents were asked to identify the most important 2013 trends they saw affecting the public sector at large and their specific jobs. The potential trends included many of today’s hot topics, such as big data, cloud computing, and cybersecurity:
• Big data/open data
• Citizen/customer service
• Cloud Computing
• Mobile government/BYOD
Respondents were asked to look at these trends through three distinct filters:
• Trends taking centre stage in 2013
• Trends directly affecting their own work
• Trends that their organisations were already addressing
The three trends that most consistently ranked at the top of all three categories were those that have the greatest impact on government productivity and effectiveness:
1. Citizen/customer service
2. Collaboration with other agencies and with citizens
3. Mobility and bring your own device (BYOD)
This paper examines those trends in more detail.
Download the full report.